Hiawatha Light Rail Transit Line
- L.K. Comstock installed most of the systems work
- RailWorks Track Systems constructed the track infrastructure
- HSQ Technology supplied and integrated the control software and SCADA systems
The HLRT was a “new start” project featuring an 11.6-mile light rail line linking downtown Minneapolis with the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and the Mall of America.
RailWorks performed a range of construction services, totaling one-third of the total project value:
- L.K. Comstock installed most of the systems work, including train signaling, communications, central control, traction power and OCS.
- HSQ Technology supplied and integrated central control facility software and equipment and communications system equipment, including CCTV, radio, tunnel radio, PA readerboards, telephone, emergency and SCADA systems.
- RailWorks Track Systems installed the double-track line and the track in the maintenance yard, including dual block track through the 9,000-foot twin-bore tunnel, direct fixation track on an aerial deck, and concrete-embedded track through the downtown and the Mall of America.
The double-track line runs at grade and has 17 stations. RailWorks served as an exclusive subcontractor to MNTC.